Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Department of Too Many Departments Department

Via Radley Balko, I've just learned that the state of Texas has spent 18 months to publish a 668-page report finding that the state of Texas ... issues too many reports.

The article doesn't mention if the report came from the Department of Redundancy Department, but it wouldn't surprise me.

The best part? Despite the report's finding, its issuers assure their paymasters that continuing to report on the excess of reports is vital:

As for the commission's massive report on reports, Heskett predicts it won't go away.

"For the report to be effective, it must be ongoing," he said.


I'm pretty sure that the part of state records administrator Michael Heskett is actually being played by the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland, but I'll certainly issue a report once I'm positive.

No comments: