Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Got Floaters?

From the "I do not think that means what you think it means" files:

headlines from MSNBC.com


I don't know where the headline writer for MSNBC comes from, but in my neck of the woods a "floater" is not something you typically find in someone's eye, and it sure as Hell isn't something I want a doctor shooting with a laser.

Update: With apologies for the delicate sensibilities of my readers (both of them), out here in the country a "floater" is what a man of low birth would call a chunk of human feces that refuses to flush with the rest of its brethren.

5 comments:

John said...

in all seriousness, as someone who deals with the aforementioned floaters, I'm kinda interested in a treatment that'll get rid of the *&^%ers.

What exactly does a "floater" mean in your neck of the woods?

Jeff Hebert said...

Out here in Bubbaville, a "floater" is a stubborn bit of human waste that refuses to get flushed.

Common usage would be, "Hey Grandma! Get in here and take a look at this floater afore I flush it!"

John said...

Now THAT is dadgum funny.

Given that definition, targeting floaters of that variety with a laser would indeed be a madcap bit of hi-larity. All new meaning to the term "fire in the hole."

Anonymous said...

Jeff,
Being from the same neck of the woods you're from, at least originally, I had the same reaction you did when I saw the word "floaters" on the link. Maybe it's a south Louisiana thing?

Jeff Hebert said...

Thanks for the backup, Trey, I was starting to think I was nuts there for a minute. Maybe it IS a south Louisiana thing, like "bruh".