Thursday, April 20, 2006

In the Cellar

Scene: Our old house as it was while we were in the process of buying it. Agents and inspectors are swarming over the place, giving it a thorough going-over to make sure it's worth what we're offering.

Inpsector Guy: (crawling out from under the house and dusting himself off) "Can you tell me where the cellar is?"

Me: (With a surprised look on my face) "Wow, you guys are really good, I didn't even know this place had a cellar!"

Inspector Guy: (nonplussed) "No, the seller -- you know, the person selling the house?"

Me: (red-faced and embarrassed, in a very small voice) "Oh, them. They're over there."

2 comments:

Rob Rogers said...

That gave me a good chuckle. Thanks, Jeff.

Anonymous said...

That's a good one - I would have laughed.
Kind of reminds me of Pee Wee Herman looking for his stolen bike in the basement of the Alamo.