Thursday, February 01, 2007

More Caped Lobotomies

I discovered another passage in the "Batman Lobotomy" chronicles I wrote about the other day. Robin is the one who actually broaches the subject with Batman early in the adventure, on their way to the likely scene of the crime. Maybe it's the smell of fresh air that gives Robin the idea in that hip 1970's convertible Batmobile, or perhaps the sound of the wind whistling through those bat ears finally drove him over the edge, but there's something very chilling about that sweet-faced Boy Wonder just spouting "Frontal lobotomy!" out of the blue like that. Very, very strange.

In any event, I scanned in both passages as further evidence that in some ways, reading comic books really can rot your brain. Or at least, can encourage authorities to come and scrape parts of it out.





And finally, to close out this little frontal lobe caper, I give you the lyrics to the immortal "I'd Rather Have a Bottle In Front of Me Than A Frontal Lobotomy", by Randy Hanzlick

But I'd rather have a bottle in front of me,
Than have to have a frontal lobotomy.
I might be drunk, but at least I'm not insane.

No comments: