Monday, November 20, 2006

I Control The Universe!

I learned this morning that I control the universe with my mind.

See, last week at lunch, out of nowhere I said "Wouldn't it be cool if there was a web site where you could punch in your starting location, and it would tell you where you'd end up if you dug a hole all the way through to the other side of the Earth?" We've all wondered that as kids, digging holes in our back yards and thinking we'd end up in China. But China's not THAT big, there's no way we would ALL end up there.

So what do I see this morning on Pharyngula (one of the blogs I read a lot)? A link to a site that shows where you'd end up if you dug a hole all the way through to the other side of the earth!! Do you need any more proof that I control the universe with my mind? I think not.

Just for grins, if you dug a hole through the center of the Earth from Bertram, Texas (out by the barn, to be precise), you'd end up here:



That's right, you'd start out in the middle of effing nowhere, and you'd end up smack dab in the middle of another effing nowhere.

4 comments:

evildm said...

I'd be floating off the coast of Madagascar- can you believe it, several people in my office didnt know Madagascar was real? they thought it was a made up name for the movie.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. I like the way you control the universe - who WOULDN'T want to know where there hole will end up.
I have started my hole (again), and this time I know to take a snorkel & fins because I think I'll wind up just off the Great Barrier Reef - excellent!

Jeff Hebert said...

who WOULDN'T want to know where there hole will end up.

I know for sure every man ever sent to prison wants to know where their hole will end up.

Oh snap, I did NOT go there! Yes I did!!

Anonymous said...

As a kid, whenever I would start digging, my mom would politely ask me to stop. Just kidding! She would demand that I stop "digging a hole to China."

Armed with this new information it would seem she should have been less concerned with a sudden incursion of undocumented Chinese workers here to take our gerbs and more concerned about local flooding.