Sunday, April 22, 2007

A Nerd's Country Poll

I wanted to see what you, both of my loyal readers, would prefer to read about here, so I've put together a quick poll. If you're so inclined, please check the box next to each answer that you agree with.

Unlike previous US elections, I promise to count your vote, so that's a nice bonus.

What is your NerdCountry writing preference?
Keep the same mix he has now -- humor, ranch life, tech stuff, animals, etc.
Quit writing about politics!
Quit writing about religion and atheism!
I only want to read about animals, nothing else!
I only want to read about politics, religion, and atheism!
More with teh funnah!
pollcode.com free polls

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

[Allen lofts his Bic lighter.]

Freebird! Play Freebird!!

miz_geek said...

Hey, it's your blog. Write about whatever the hell you want.

(I'm just mad I didn't think of Freebird first.)

Jeff Hebert said...

Very funny, Allen! (sticks out tongue)

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Liz - your space, your choice. Between the headlines and the "fold," you have made it very easy for the picky readers to skip what they don't want to read and get straight to the topics they do like.
Here's my two-bits of unsolicited advice (feel free to ignore it - I get that alot, and I'm certainly no expert):
Remember that politics and religion are very personal topics with very few (if any) real rights and wrongs. It all boils down to what a person BELIEVES, and once a considered opinion is formed, it is not likely to be changed just because someone else disagrees. You can be sure of this; whatever your position is, there will be many people who will strongly disagree with you.
What's my point? - don't let sharing of thoughts and ideas devolve into personal arguments. Be careful about replying point-by-point to comments, as it may be seen as trying to convince someone that they are wrong and you are right (see above).
Explaining why you believe in your position is always better than stating that why your opponent's
opinion is wrong. Do so, and let others sound off, if they wish. We are all entitled to our opinions, and the readers will decide if they agree with ANY of them without us having to tell them who is "right."

Keep it up. Free Speech is the most important freedom we have (my humble opinion)!

Jeff Hebert said...

Those are good points as well, Jimmy. I try to avoid arguing in comments and to let commenters have the last word, but it's HARD!