Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Back in the Saddle Again

The tractor didn't work out all that well in the end, so I'm movin' on up. This weekend I am renting a Bobcat with TWO attachments. One is a forked bucket like this:



The other is a hydraulic shear, so I can cut cedars of up to 12" in diameter off at the base, flush with the ground. I hope I can stop once I get started ... I can see myself madly cutting off cedars, oaks, fence posts, home foundations, you name it. I will have ultimate hydraulic power. I'm going to be like one of those freaky man-machine shell things at the end of the Matrix, shouting in glee while I mow down the enemy with my mechanized ammo.

And the best part is, the tires on this bad boy are solid, meaning they cannot be punctured. This may actually be more fun than a computer game, strange as that sounds. Computer games only let you SIMULATE hacking giant things to death, with this I get to actually DO it ::insert maniacal laugh here::.

Life is good, my friends. Life is good.

Of course, in a computer game the trees can't actually fall on and crush you. Hmmm. Welp, if I don't die in a hail of shredded tree and out-of-control-machinery this weekend, I will be sure to update you all.

7 comments:

Jill Phenix Avila said...

sweet!! I will come up and take pictures of you!! =)

Denise said...

The ultimate man toy. You can destroy anything in your path, you're not afraid of running into something you can't destroy and You can't stop once you get going. Welcome to the world of womandom...

Bob the Consultant said...

You need more testoserone in your life, and what better way to do it than to rent LARGE MOBILE DESTRUCTIVE vehicles... you da' man... and you make Tim the Tool Man Taylor proud.

Jeff Hebert said...

Too much testosterone is what made me bald ... You can always spot a guy without enough testosterone by his full head of hair. Pansies.

Jill Phenix Avila said...

the theory is that bald men have differences in their testosterone receptors in the skin of the scalp. this means that they have a genetic hormone that transforms regular testosterone into an analog of testosterone which causes the hair follicle to produce shorter, finer hairs and then eventually causes the follicle to die completely. Clinically they are studying baldness in men and women, while they know that hormones have something to do with it, they do not agree that androgens (testosterone) alone is to blame. When women and men are given synthetic forms of testosterone, they usually show a very noticeable increase in hair all over the body. This is where the genetic differentiation comes into play which is passed down from your parental figures, and it does not matter if it is from your mother or father (those are old wives tales) I deal with patients that have hair loss due to excess estrogen in their systems but they believe that is due to another genetic mutation…. Although I personally think that you are more manly than 99% of men and have WAY more manly testosterone but that has not been clinically proven. ; ) However we all know that Bald is sexy and you could be the poster child for handsome men everywhere!! (notice I didn’t say bald because you could represent no matter the distinction) =)

The Cow Whisperer said...

Okay, I started out excited about posting a comment on manly equipment and ended up confused about baldness.

Jeff, welcome to the world of man and machine. The only thing better than renting said equipment is OWNING said equipment. Those hydraulic tree shears are AWESOME. I only wish they worked a little faster.

We are buying a 90HP tractor, along with a 10 foot shredder and a 10 foot disc plow in a month.

Don't tell my real cowboy friends that I've gone to farming...

Jeff Hebert said...

Let me know what you find out about the tractor, Russell, I need to get one for our place too. I'd love to pick your brain on what you discover.

In other words, you do all the hard work of comparing features and prices and then tell me what I should do!