Wednesday, February 01, 2006

We Might Be Pregnant!


Cousin Jill, Donkey Jill, and Daddy(?)
Photo courtesy Cousin Jill
Now that my mother's had a heart attack, it would be more accurate to say, "One of our jennets (female donkeys) might be pregnant. Actually up to three of them could be in a family way, but it's hard to tell with donkeys. They have a gestation period of up to a year or so, and they don't really show much until 6 weeks or so before delivery. But we have our suspicions, prompted by the sudden emergence of teats and a suspicious bulging around the belly.

Of course the whole situation reminds me of my mom's reaction when I first told her we were getting miniature donkeys:

"You're not half-ass enough for that house?"

Ya gotta love your mother.

4 comments:

Jill Phenix Avila said...

aw... cute picture.. notice we are both wearing brown. It's in this season but I am sure the pastels will start showing up soon since the flowers are starting to bloom and the trees are budding..(early no doubt) ;)

Okay I am trying to figure this out.. If Jill the donkey has my donkey’s puppies then will I be a Granny?? I guess so. If it is not his then I am going to have a vasectomy reversal on that boy. I want spotted asses and that's that!! wait can I say that on this blog? Unca George don't tell my dad that I used a word that could be considered a dreaded "curse" word.

Jill Phenix Avila said...

I am one of those strange social butterflies that loves to be recognized for the hard work I do.. but this time I have to give credit to Lynne Ellon (spelling?) for the picture... I do find myself taking funny pictures of myself with my self timer but this one was not of my hand...

Denise said...

You and Annie are providing "grand offspring" and certifiable half-asses to your brothers and sisters. We take it these relatives will never ask for our car keys, tell us they're moving back home or that they've decided to shave their heads and become Hare Krishnas. You could be on to something here, Jeff...

Jill Phenix Avila said...

For some reason this picture makes my ass look big.. even though he is a small standard spotted boy.. ;)