Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Overseas Adventures

As weird as making the transition from country to city life is, I've got nothin' on people who go from America to live in other countries. One of those people is my nephew Nick, who has trotted around the globe living in places from Spain to Taiwan. He's charted a very unique life for himself.

His last message to all of us as he headed out for a two week "vacation" from his stressful life of DJ'ing on the beach in asia reminded me of a web site I'd visited last year. It tracks the adventures of an American who went to Japan to teach English in a Japanese city on the "wrong side of the tracks". I was sent a link to it again today and checked back in, and all I can say is they call it "foreign" for a reason. Those people are WEIRD ...

http://outpostnine.com/editorials/teacher.html

Check it out if you get a chance, it's pretty amazing stuff. Warning -- some of the content is a little racy. Ahem.

No comments: