Sunday, March 25, 2007

Almost Identical

On behalf of my brother Jimmy (who is easily one of my three favorite male siblings), I am happy to announce the birth to his step-daughter Chrisy of twin baby boys! They are the first twins in our extended family, so that's pretty cool, and of course we couldn't be happier for the whole clan. My brother reports that to be considered identical, twins have to share 9 antigens on a blood test and the boys only share 8. So technically they're fraternal twins, but they're as close to identical as fraternals can get!

Which reminds me of another Annieism, and the occasion is so perfect I can't help but tell it.

We were out with her brother and the young woman he was dating at the time. We'd not met the young lady before, so of course we set to grilling her during the drive to wherever we were going.

"Do you have any brothers or sisters?" Annie asked.

"Just one, I have a twin brother," she said.

"Neat!" Annie said. "Are you identical twins?"

Pause. Pause.

"Well, except for the penis, yes."

1 comment:

Denise said...

Too, too, too funny!!! I can just hear her saying that, too!!