Friday, March 09, 2007

Toxico

I just completed another character illustration for Uberworld, the Play By eMail super-hero campaign I'm involved with. I think it turned out pretty well. Toxico is a giant, living pile of toxic waste who rampages around the country destroying stuff.

Hey, not all comic book stories can be "Maus", you know? Sometimes you gotta just blow stuff up in vivid four-color pulp stories.

Anyway, here he is in all his glowy, toxic badness:



To be fair, I was greatly inspired by this treatment of Chemo, a somewhat similar villain from the DC Universe.

2 comments:

Rob Rogers said...

Awesome picture, Jeff. Thanks very much. As threatened, I blogged about it, too. You can see the link here: http://robcrogers.blogspot.com/2007/03/toxico-awesome.html

David M said...

I like the details of Toxico. Particularly the symbols in the background and the multi-color skeleton. Nice one!
And Mr. Toad caught my eye as well. I wonder if he hops everywhere or if he can walk if he chooses. Standing upright seems to be no trouble, so a step or two between the bed and the bathroom for example, shouldn't be that tough.