Monday, January 16, 2006

The Sterilizer With Extra Class

Man, the hits just keep on comin' this morning. We're researching autoclaves for sterilizing jewelry we're going to be sending out. Some of the ad copy on these sites cracks me up.

LISA WATER STEAM STERILIZER

The Sterilizer with Extra Class

Now I'm not sure what that means, exactly, but I know if I were going to get sterilized, I'd sure want it done with extra class.

Feel free to check it out and sign up for our monthly infection control report information.

I can't count the times I've been sitting there wondering what the status of infection control is. Now I don't have to wonder any more.

PORTER SES 2000E and 2012E are matched to today's heightened demand for sterilization vigilance.

Ah, blessed Sterilization Vigilance. If we're not all vigiliant all the time, the next thing you know we'll all be sterilized and what then for our future?

3 comments:

Denise said...

You're right, Jeff, some of those marketing slogans are a riot. I do wonder if somebody looks at those with a practical eye and realizes just how much hyperbole is in what they're publishing.

I took a marketing class at SLU, and the teacher showed us a film featuring commercials from the 1950s. Cholesterol was being touted as the best thing to smear in your hair for volume and shine, and they showed guys making duck tails using straight cholesterol! It was disgusting, knowing what we know now.

We also got extra points for bringing in the worst ads and worst names for products. The only ones I remember are Big Mama pantyhose (the teacher said, "Would any self-respecting woman actually wear something called "Big Mama")and Smuckers jelly. This professor said the only way it could be a worse name was if they put "Mother's" in front of the word Smuckers!

Melissa said...

mmmmm
extra class

Denise said...

Jill -- it's been a long time since I've heard the word "goober!" Made me laugh and remember my favorite TV show in the whole wide world, "The Andy Griffith Show." I have seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, and they're still hysterical, 30 years later.