Thursday, January 12, 2006

Why do it?

Now if you're a nerd sitting in front of a computer like I do all day, you might ask yourself "Why in the name of all that's holy would I want to move away from my great city and high speed broadband and nubile college females wandering drunk through the streets of downtown to go live in the middle of nowhere?"

That is an excellent question. The photo to the right is one of many reasons why.

That's my house at the end of the rainbow, just over the hill. You don't get views like that downtown. A 45 minute drive hardly seems worth mentioning on days like that.

2 comments:

Denise said...

This picture is just gorgeous. Did you take it? If so, it's worthy of National Geographic. Reminded me of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." I guess the land that you dreamed of was filled with wide-open spaces and enough room to let your imagination run wild. Great, great shot. Okay, now I'll be thinking about Judy Garland the rest of the night!

Jeff Hebert said...

Yes, I actually took that one, believe it or not. Usually you can tell my photos by the headless bodies that fill the frame (you'd think I'd learn to aim higher), but I got lucky on this one and there weren't any people to crop out.

I was driving home one day from work, and that amazing rainbow was filling the sky. As I got closer, I realized that it looked like it ended right on top of our property. It was pretty cool, and I happened to have the digital camera with me for whatever reason. Sometimes you get lucky.

I guess the land that you dreamed of was filled with wide-open spaces and enough room to let your imagination run wild.

Well, technically it was Annie's dream that contained the open spaces and whatnot. Mine had more Swedish Bikini Team members and wireless broadband computers in it :-)