Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Welcome

After long consideration and consultation (mostly with the animals on the ranch who, to be honest, weren't terribly helpful), I've decided to start a blog. The idea came to me initially while I was bouncing around on the rented tractor while "shredding" our new property, my iPod headphone cords whipping madly about, wondering just what in the hell a geek from the city was doing on a hundred acre ranch in the middle of nowhere.

Perhaps, I thought, other nerds, geeks, or even regular ol' city-slickers might find something educational and entertaining about my struggles to adapt to life in BFE.

I want to try to be as open and honest as possible, while never forgetting that some day my wife, mother, or boss might read what I'm writing. In other words, I don't want to say anything that's gonna get me hit, split, or pink-slipped. Other than that I'll try to let it all hang out and give you an idea of what's going on out here in Red State Land.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Just a test to see if this goes through.

Denise said...

Okay, this looks like I actually figured it out all on my own! I "posted" something earlier, but it didn't go through (user error). But, Jeff, there is no end to your talents, my dear brother. I love the picture of the footprints -- so quickly they're gone, but they are a path we've traveled, whether it's limestone, dirt or invisible on concrete. Can't wait to see what new things you're going to write!

Denise said...

Okay. Last time. It did go through but on the first posting to the blog. This is all new to me. Hey, electric typewriters were all the vogue when I was in high school along with mimeographs, "Conjunction Juncion, what's your function" and film strips. :)

Jeff Hebert said...

Hey Denise! It worked just fine. Sometimes you have to hit "Refresh" on your web browser to make changes show up, you might try that.

And "Schoolhouse Rock" was the greatest educational series ever. "Conjunction Junction", "I'm Just a Bill", "The Preamble", man those were good toons. I have the videotapes of them somewhere, I should dig those up.